?

Log in

No account? Create an account

July 14th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
09:43 pm - Little Young's upcoming marriage, genital slang insecurities, sweeping, singing, salad and soaps.
All the filth I was complaining about got cleaned up tonight. Not because of my journal of course. No, Nate's brother is coming over tomorrow night with his fiancé. Sorry, the italics aren't enough to get my point across. Let me try that again:

Nate's brother is coming over tomorrow night with his fiancé.

There, that just about does it. Matt's getting married. How did I not hear about this already (oh, that's right -- there's a reason they call me Lazlo (after the character in Real Genius))? And what the hell is up with all my of friends suddenly getting married at the ripe old age of 21? It's scaring me somewhat. Out of deference to Matt, I swept the stairs and the stoop. Now I'm listening to his a capella group, Undeclared, who are better than Quazarin ever was.

Jerks.

Oh, well. Visited my sister at the coffee shop tonight, and had some kinda salad. Not sure what it's called on the menu (I simply said "make me a salad"), but it had dandelion greens, all manner of vegetables, goat cheese, grilled chicken and Italian dressing. It tasted sublimely good, but with my dietetics background, I can promise that it wasn't good for me. Whatever. Anyway, on the way out, there was a couple sitting at a table on the sidewalk, and I opened the door just in time to hear the woman say, "I mean, most of the men I've dated couldn't even say the word 'twat.'"

As I walked past, I absentmindedly said "I can."

"Go you!" she called after me, but by that time I realized what I had said, and I decided it best to keep walking.

I have to stop doing that. Anyway:


you are: twin peaks


Which David Lynch movie are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

...marked for what? A million dollars? My own spaceship? Habitation by "Bob?" Incidentally, earlier this evening I talked myself out of purchasing a region-free copy of the Spanish release of the second season of Twin Peaks... Nobody's sure whether it's ever coming out here in the States (it probably will, but God knows when). The final deciding factor was the fact that the Red Room scenes are subtitled in Spanish, and dialogue like this is difficult enough to understand without being able to read it. Rest assured that I will at some point have a three-day Twin Peaks marathon, where we'll have coffee and pie and doughnuts and garmonbozia creamed corn. You're all invited and none of you will come. 's okay.
Current Mood: intimidatedintimidated
Current Music: Undeclared -- Say It Ain't So

(14 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:evil_jim
Date:July 15th, 2004 05:08 am (UTC)
(Link)
You're all invited and none of you will come.

I would. And not just because I like your smell.
[User Picture]
From:sacredspud
Date:July 15th, 2004 01:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well gosh, Jim, that's a really nice thing to say. I've discovered over the last few years that most of the people I care about are only after my pleasing aroma. Or me Lucky Charms.
[User Picture]
From:fuzzyinthehead
Date:July 15th, 2004 01:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
They call you Lazlo? Since when did you start living in a closet? Oh wait, you've been doing that for years.
[User Picture]
From:jinxedkisses
Date:July 15th, 2004 03:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Can I come? (Not going to go there on the twat thing)
[User Picture]
From:sacredspud
Date:July 15th, 2004 11:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Can... what? I'm sorry, it's really difficult to have any sort of straightforward conversation with people I know from Rocky, because I'm always looking for quintseptuple entendres in everything you say.

If you're asking about my hypothetical Twin Peaks marathon, the answer is yes, you can come over and watch Twin Peaks -- as in the TV show, not... oh, never mind.
[User Picture]
From:jinxedkisses
Date:July 16th, 2004 03:53 pm (UTC)
(Link)
mmm Twin Peaks...if you're offering *grin*
[User Picture]
From:agaysexicon
Date:July 15th, 2004 05:33 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hey, Colin, would you like some popcorn? I've got 50,000 bags of it leftover from my last party. I want to test this new space-age microwaving ability I developed. Interested?
[User Picture]
From:nocturne152
Date:July 15th, 2004 09:20 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Nick, if you tell me that you've managed to tap into some sort of top secret 'Star Wars' satellite, and that you have it aimed at your stash of popcorn, I will laugh my balls off and hold you financially responsible for having the surgically reattached.
[User Picture]
From:sacredspud
Date:July 15th, 2004 09:49 pm (UTC)
(Link)
...and I will still answer to "Lazlo."
[User Picture]
From:nocturne152
Date:July 15th, 2004 10:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I've just realized I'm a dumbass. Real Genius is directly referenced in Colins original post. I will still hold you financially responsible though.
[User Picture]
From:sacredspud
Date:July 15th, 2004 11:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Y'know, this reminds me. Have you still not seen Bubba Ho-Tep? Wanna rectify that?
[User Picture]
From:agaysexicon
Date:July 16th, 2004 03:41 am (UTC)
(Link)
Actually, I HAVE seen Bubba Ho-Tep thanks to Jimi. Liz and I went over and they gave us a choice, and we saw it. I liked it. Wouldn't mind seeing it again, however.
[User Picture]
From:sacredspud
Date:July 16th, 2004 04:10 am (UTC)
(Link)
Well now hold on a sec... Maybe we oughta consult with Liz, since she's always pointing out that the crappy movies I like sound appealing.
[User Picture]
From:agaysexicon
Date:July 16th, 2004 09:53 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Sorry, I'm so confused right now. I have some unappealing mental images of Kyle now racing through my head.

Liz saw it, and as far as I can tell, liked it. I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but you might want to talk to her. If you have another idea for a movie, I'm game, but you'll have to talk to her about that yourself.
Garmonbozia for the soul.

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Sacred Potato Productions


> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com