May 3rd, 2004
|11:10 pm - What is the law? NO SPILL BLOOD!|
Well kiddies, it's that time again. Time to post in my livejournal as I try to figure out where the night went.
Actually, I know exactly where tonight went. It went into May's MP3 of the Month, which is finally up. Why did it take so long? Because my old web host is a... Well, let's just say that I have a long stream of profanity that I'd like to direct toward them. 's okay. The new host is working as of this morning, my site is up, and the fact that they didn't disconnect me several times in the process of transferring less than 20 megabytes of files (unlike some services I can think of) inspires me to update a little more often. Like you care.
Anyway, check out the MP3, cuz I like it. It's called Mass Transit (coactive version), and here's a another link because this is my livejournal. I run the show around here and I can say "cuz" if I want to.
Right. I'm done showing off my powers (such as they are). What else happened today worth mentioning? Well, Sarah's birthday present came. Ellen and I usually hang out on Wednesdays, but she wasn't sure what her Wednesday is going to look like, so we're getting together tomorrow night. Sarah gets her gift then. A bunch of people are downstairs tonight playing GURPS Cyberpunk. I took a walk and returned Yojimbo to Four Star Video Heaven. Wah hoo. Anyway, here's something I stole from lillia_revan:
On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first twenty songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favourite line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. Then, have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
Yeah, nobody else knows these songs. Oh, well. If anyone has doubts as to whether they're real songs, I can post the list.
- Watch out for the pastor -- he can run faster. His robotic legs are fit with turbo blasters.
- And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.
- In the fall when plants return by harvest time, she knows the score. Ripe and ready to the eye, but rotten somehow to the core.
- Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful.
- Vows are spoken to be broken; feelings are intense, words are trivial.
- Help everybody so they all get some action, some love on the weekend, some real satisfaction.
- There was darkness, there was light, there was day and there was night, there was wrong and there was right and then there was me.
- If with someone you adore you should find romance, you will pant and pant once more and that's a pair of pants.
- Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
- Everybody's makin' a big deal outa the fact that I raped someone. What's the crime? I had fun.
- Lassie knew that she had the duty to serve the youth of America and the stars above.
- This is right here where he stood when he said those sacred words and he made that holy vow. These are the drawings and the library card, and this is the cow.
- Nobody wants my mindless, iridescent protoplasm. They said to fly them out and drop them in the sea. I tried to sell them on their mimicing, adaptive powers. Why don't you get your oily tendrils offa me?
- We walk on two legs, not on four. To walk on four legs breaks the law.
- Don't ask the question if you want to hear a lie.
- Do you understand what I'm trying to say, woman? That is I'd like to save you for a rainy day.
- It was no star, but the Magna of Illusion, by which I mean the mirror found in the chamber of jade and grown like a seed deep within the ground.
- Cookie Day, Cookie Day. It's a beautiful Cookie Day.
- If you've got to believe in something, believe in us cuz we'll make it easy. If you've got to belong to something, belong to us and we'll make you P.C. Peace & Love, Inc.
- The bats have left the belltower, the virgins have been bled.
Current Mood: accomplished
Current Music: Camper Van Beethoven -- Yanqui Go Home
|Date:||May 4th, 2004 06:16 am (UTC)|| |
Guess this one...
I recognized Alan Sherman, ELP and Shonen Knife. Daz a funky mix, yo. I didn't follow the meme because I usually listen to instrumental and my list would be blank.
However, out of the album I have on now, my favourite line would have to be "'Spare us,' the galleon begged but mercy's face had fled/ Blood ran from the screaming souls the cutlass harvested/ Driven to the quarter deck the last survivor fell/ 'She's ours my boys,' the Captain grinned 'and no one left to tell.'"
Re: Guess this one...
I had to make sure with Google, but I was pretty sure it was ELP's Pirates -- the best song on whatever album that is.
I had to adjust my playlist because most of the stuff I was listening to didn't have lyrics, either.