February 17th, 2004
|07:42 pm - Urge to kill... rising...|
While I'm pissed off, I might as well mention that I hate the following things:
- The parking at Ward Brodt.
- The fact that all the bookstores in town must be spying on my Amazon.com searches to make sure that nothing I want is ever in stock.
- The guy at the polls who always stands next to his friend saying "I can't believe you're voting for Dean! I can't believe you support the casino!"
- The volunteers at the polls who don't shut him up.
- The fact that P.T. Barnum and matchstyx were right:
Me: So are you voting today? Or have you already?
Idiot roommate: Hay-ell no! Ah figgur ain't no Demmacrat gon' be better'n Bush, an' Ah figgur eff they turn Day-Joe-pay inta a casino, it's people's own damn fault eff they got a gamblin' problem, Ah tell yew whut. 'sides, Bush already got Saddam. Yew thank he ain't gon' git Osama?
Me: Ah, have you been paying attention to any of the news about the casino?
Idiot roommate: Naw, Ah bin watchin' Survahver.
Me: No, I mean in the last few months, not just tonight.
Idiot roommate: Ah sayd Ah bin watchin' Survahver. An' Th' Newlyweds.
Current Mood: enraged
Current Music: Frank Zappa -- Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk
In response to your first point, both questions have the same answer.
In response to your second point, my issue with Nate is not that
he didn't vote, but why
he didn't vote. Nate bases his vote on two (and (at least at this particular moment) only two) questions: "Does this candidate support minimum regulation of firearms?" and "Does this candidate believe that I should be able to kill any animal I want with any weapon I want?" Otherwise Nate's views are overwhelmingly leftist, but easier to picture Bush inside an SUV full of dead animals than oh, say, Kerry.
As for his casino views (and yes, I was surprised at the landslide, too), I'm just amazed that the only issue he sees here is gambling addiction.