- The parking at Ward Brodt.
- The fact that all the bookstores in town must be spying on my Amazon.com searches to make sure that nothing I want is ever in stock.
- The guy at the polls who always stands next to his friend saying "I can't believe you're voting for Dean! I can't believe you support the casino!"
- The volunteers at the polls who don't shut him up.
- The fact that P.T. Barnum and matchstyx were right:
Me: So are you voting today? Or have you already?
Idiot roommate: Hay-ell no! Ah figgur ain't no Demmacrat gon' be better'n Bush, an' Ah figgur eff they turn Day-Joe-pay inta a casino, it's people's own damn fault eff they got a gamblin' problem, Ah tell yew whut. 'sides, Bush already got Saddam. Yew thank he ain't gon' git Osama?
Me: Ah, have you been paying attention to any of the news about the casino?
Idiot roommate: Naw, Ah bin watchin' Survahver.
Me: No, I mean in the last few months, not just tonight.
Idiot roommate: Ah sayd Ah bin watchin' Survahver. An' Th' Newlyweds.