1. Winter and other drivers are incredibly stupid. I came in late for work. First the locks on my doors were frozen, and then I discovered that the doors were frozen shut. Not cool. Not a big deal. It's just part of living in Wisconsin. So is driving on a two-lane road behind some idiot from Florida in a Yugo who thinks that snow on the ground means a maximum speed on 8 mph, despite the speed limit of 55, as cars zoom by in the opposite direction affording me no opportunity to pass, while a line of drivers behind me who can't see the Yugo blare their horns and make the International Symbol of Discontent causing me to write run-on sentences in my livejournal.
B. Merchants and their banks are incredibly stupid.
- Us: We need a copy of the receipt for this transaction to prove to the cardholder that they made it.
- Them: Yeah, yeah, yeah. We'll get it to you real soon now.
- Us: We really need a copy of the receipt for this transaction to prove to the cardholder that they made it.
- Them: Yeah, yeah, yeah. We'll get it to you real real soon now.
- Us: Per Mastercard regulations, we will be debiting your account and crediting the transaction back to the cardholder because you did not send us the sales draft we requested.
- Them: You never asked us for the sales draft!
- Us: Yes we did. Here are the faxes you sent us claiming that the draft would be here "real soon now."
- Them: Um, we didn't send those. Somebody must have intercepted our fax, forged replies on letterhead identical to ours, signed our purchasing manager's name to them, and faxed them back to you. Yep. That's almost certainly what happened. I'd stake something that isn't mine on it.
Yeah. Things are incredibly stupid right now.