?

Log in

No account? Create an account

January 31st, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
10:08 pm - Screw caffeine.
I can't trust caffeine to keep me awake. Oh, sure, sometimes it makes me bounce off the walls, but sometimes -- today -- it just makes me want to crash. I don't even get headaches from quitting cold turkey. Meh.

I wasn't actually going to write about caffeine, though. In fact, I don't have anything really cool to write about, but I feel like having a new entry at the top of my livejournal, so:

Thursday night was nothing special, and that was just fine with Tom and I. I drove down to Janesville, we went out for supper and just generally visited. We need to name and otherwise put the eyebrows on the screenplay we recently finished because (among other reasons) he wants to try to drum up financing at the Wisconsin Film Festival, which has always been kind to him in the past. Wonderful though that is, I'd bet money that Jerry Zucker remembers him as "some kid who wanted my autograph or something." Tom, if you're reading this, I'm kidding.

Friday was a pretty slow day at work. No, that's not true. I came in to an insanely large stack of work, and adjusted my what I was doing accordingly. If I always worked at that pace, I wouldn't be able to stand this job. My supervisor knows that -- she's not going to look at my Friday performance and ask me to repeat it on a regular basis. Anyway, it started out being a busy day, but my boss left at 12:30, and the work settled down shortly thereafter. The result? I ran out of stuff to do, and went home half an hour early. I did some laundry.

Ellen came over, and we went to her ex-boss's going-away party, which moved from bar to bar looking for a place quiet enough to talk, until somebody pointed out that such a place isn't available for twenty people on Friday night in a college town. We got home. Mikey and Stewart (from BigBlackGlasses.com) were passed out on furniture. This morning after Stewart (whose real name is Matt) left, I got to hear a sample recording of Undeclared, the a capella group he founded at a place we're not going to talk about. They sound pretty good. I'm not sure how Mikey felt, but it's really depressing.

Today was spent running errands and watching The Island of Lost Souls, which is the 1933 adaptation of H.G. Wells' The Island of Doctor Moreau with Charles Laughton and Bela Lugosi. It's generally considered to be the best adaptation of the novel, so if this sounds like something you'd actually watch, I would strongly recommend it. I also just finished cleaning out my hermit crabs' tank. Fun stuff.

Rocky tonight. I should go take a shower. I'll leave you with a link to one of the most entertaining headlines I've seen in awhile. I'm not telling, so you'll just have to click it.
Current Mood: anxiousanxious
Current Music: Frank Zappa -- Sheik Yerbouti

(1 comment | Leave a comment)

Comments:


From:(Anonymous)
Date:February 3rd, 2004 03:48 am (UTC)

Yup

(Link)
I found it kinda depressing, too, Colin. Not because I don't like Undeclared - I totally dig their sound, and I think they rock. I just miss being a part of it. It makes me sad that I didn't stick with music in some way.

mikey
Screw caffeine. - Garmonbozia for the soul.

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Sacred Potato Productions


> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com