January 20th, 2004
|11:12 pm - You see 'em dancin' at the disco every night like a bunch of little robot queens...|
Stuff I did this evening:
- Nothing cool.
- Monica called. She's planning another Let's-Get-Everybody-I've-Ever-Known-Together-So-They-Can-Feel-Awkward-Together party, and wanted to know if I'm free on August 7th. AUGUST 7TH. I have a little time to free up my calendar for that weekend. She set up this kind of party last August. It was fun, and maybe this year it'll be a little less uncomfortable.
- Discovered that Invader Zim is coming to DVD in May. Something else for me to throw my money at.
- Discovered that the second season of Twin Peaks will probably not be coming to Region 1 DVD, which annoys me greatly. Time either to move to Europe or smuggle in a multiregion DVD player.
- Took uneventful walk to visit friends who own new coffee shop. Yay. In The Company of Fools on East Johnson. Check 'em out.
- Finally got around to watching Best in Show, which I enjoyed greatly. Screw all y'all who think Christopher Guest movies have worn thin.
- This is a couple of weeks old, but it's worth your time. (Thanks to Rob Matsushita)
Current Mood: lazy
Current Music: 386DX -- Everything Goes According to Plan
Well, I don't know if he specifically dislikes mockumentaries, but Kyle has, on more than one occasion, pointed out that he prefers scripted comedy to improvised comedy. I can't disagree with him -- as a general rule, scripted comedy has more potential to be consistently funny, but I have yet to see a Christopher Guest movie that wasn't incredibly entertaining.
Anyway, I read your last post. I hope this start looking up soon.
First, ZIM!!! It's about time that we got DOOM in a digital format.
Second, what day is the 7th? My birthday is the 5th, and my dad's birthday is the 7th. I'd like to stay in Madison and throw myself some sort of party, while simultaneously avoiding a party at my parent's house. If you would like to avoid an awkward gathering, it would be a great excuse.
The 7th is a Saturday, but I actually should go to this party, especially since I said I'd make damn sure I'd have that day free.
|Date:||January 22nd, 2004 04:36 am (UTC)|| |
The Chris Guest movies will NEVER wear thin!!