1. Our phone rings just as I'm heading out the door. I decide to pick it up since it's our landlord. Guess what? We were supposed to have a new dryer delivered today. Why do I say "supposed?" Because the delivery was supposed to happen between 2:00 and 6:00 PM. I left a note on the dry-erase board asking that somebody be home for the delivery, and call me at work if it wasn't going to happen. The delivery guy came early. This is going to make our landlord angry because he was worried about having to pay the fee for a missed delivery. He'll be even more angry to hear that removal of the broken dryer (something he was expecting) is not on the work order.
2. Even being at work today was more or less pointless. Why? Because nothing related to my job happens on the day after a major holiday. I spent the entire eight hours drinking coffee and arranging my cup of pulled staples.
3. Hermit crab supplies are not cheap, and large pet stores need to schedule more than two people per shift. 'nuff said.
4. Arriving home, I did a load of laundry, and transferred it to the broken dryer. This dryer, though in need of replacing, has generally done a passable (but slow) job. I also learned that the redelivery has been rescheduled for tomorrow. When everybody is out.
5. I hung out with ribsinbacon, and learned that www.RobotFucker.com has been recently registered to a company that's selling life-size "male" love dolls. Don't click the link. Those who are wondering why this makes me angry have obviously never heard this song. No matter -- you're not likely to hear it in it's entirety, unless you pester me. Or sleep with me. Or do both. Either way, it's not worth it, and when people start talking to me about this song, I'll probably get self-conscious (moreso than usual) and take it down. Still, I'm upset.
6. After getting home from Ribs' apartment, I learned that our dryer (the broken one) is taking even longer to dry clothes -- four hours, and this load is still damp. I think I'll hang it up to air dry.
7. Oh, and the second delivery attempt for the new dryer has been rescheduled for tomorrow. When nobody's going to be home.
Meh. I'm going to deal with my laundry, and then I'm going to bed. Need to be up relatively early tomorrow.