Anyway, I took a couple of hours off work this morning to go to the dentist and get my oil changed. My dental appointment was brief and encouraging because, well, I try hard to take care of my teeth. The oil change was the quickest I've ever gotten, and cheap too, since I had a coupon. This is the place that I stopped going to about a year ago because my car had hit 75,000 miles which nearly doubled their higher than average price. They're under new management now so maybe the pricing will be better. If nothing else they have a different staff. When I first stopped going there, all of their employees were the guys I avoided in high school. The new employees look like the same kind of guys, but I didn't recognize any of them so they must have been the bane of some other geek's existence.
None of this is important because I don't plan on going there anyway. I continued to get my oil changed there after I moved to Madison because they were near my parents' old house, but once I got my free customer-loyalty oil change, I found a cheaper place closer to home. They were on the way back to work from my dentist's office, but that may change too since I've just learned that my dentist is not renewing his contract with my insurance carrier. Isn't the minutia of my life fascinating?
Here's that quiz everyone's taking. People have actually asked me to participate, so I s'pose I'd better.
THREE NAMES YOU GO BY:
3) Mr. T
THREE SCREEN NAMES YOU HAVE HAD:
THREE PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE:
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE YOU:
2) Politics (in general)
3) The possibility that I'll always be who I am now
THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
3) A light blue, plaid shirt which I dislike but wear anyway.
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS OR MUSICAL ARTISTS: Discounting my Big Three
2) Too Much Joy
3) Brian Dewan
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE SONGS: Again, discounting songs by my Big Three
1) The Frogs -- Lord Grunge
2) Devo -- Some Things Never Change
3) Phish -- Sample In a Jar
THREE THINGS YOU WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP:
1) An unreasonable amount of personal space
3) Common interests and sense of humor I can tolerate
TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE (in no particular order):
1) I bought a copy of Johnny Mnemonic.
2) Twice, on purpose.
3) And I enjoy it.
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS ABOUT THE PREFERRED SEX THAT APPEAL TO YOU:
1) Good posture
2) Red hair
3) Blue or green eyes, preferably with glasses
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:
1) Composing music
2) Internet voyeurism
3) Telling outrageous lies about inconsequential matters. Ellen and Ribs can tell you about this.
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO REALLY BADLY RIGHT NOW:
1) Sever all my social ties and disappear.
2) Feel better about everything.
3) Get some work done on various personal projects.
THREE CAREERS YOU'RE CONSIDERING/YOU'VE CONSIDERED:
THREE PLACES YOU WANT TO GO ON VACATION:
1) all alone at the '64 World's Fair
2) the DuPont Pavilion
3) the bus depot
THREE KIDS NAMES YOU LIKE:
1) Fronzel Neekburm
2) Bobbin Threadbare
3) Guybrush Threepwood
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
1) Compose a complete film or game score.
2) Atone for a lot of things.
3) Be comfortable enough with myself to answer questions like these honestly.
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY A BOY:
1) I have the right anatomy.
2) I can sleep through anything.
3) I hate flavored coffee which doesn't stop me from drinking it.
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY A FEMALE:
1) I actually buy potpourri. I even know how to spell it.
2) I think sports are a complete waste of time and effort.
3) I've never been outside the cosmos.
THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE TAKE THIS QUIZ RIGHT NOW:
1) Al Jaffee
2) Anna Friel
3) Ron Gilbert
And just to hammer the point home, offBeat performs tonight (Thursday) at the Mill Street Inn and Pub in Cambridge at 7:00. Tell your friends! Conversely, if you don't like us, tell your enemies!
All right, back to work.