When I say I got to watch it maneuver itself, I mean that I got to watch the back of the car in front of me. The guy pulling the car carrier couldn't have picked a worse place to try to rejoin the highway, either. Livingston is narrower than the column of text you're reading now, and it's hard enough for two vehicles going in opposite directions to pass each other without one of them being ginormous.
Yeah, it was only twenty minutes, but I only got to go through after the guy in front of me (who was blocking the intersection) gave up and made a left turn. When I parked on the street, the cars were just beginning to move. Otherwise, Ellen and I had had a lovely night. We watched a cartoon about nosebleeds. It was romantic. We don't see each other again until Sunday, when we've decided to finally get around to seeing The Incredibles.
Today my workload was fairly overwhelming, and the opportunity to take a lunchbreak didn't come until about 3:00. Normally this is a bad time of day to drive the commerical areas of the East Side if you're in a hurry. Today? Today it took me ten minutes to travel four blocks, at which point I turned off East Wash and took an alternate route. I can't imagine what driving tomorrow is going to be like. I don't really want to.
Tonight I went to dinner with my father, wrapped some presents, and am getting ready for the weekend. Anyway, since I'm such a great guy, I've culled a whole bunch of Holiday-themed MP3s from the web and assembled them into a Christmas mix. All are free, legal downloads, though some may not be available to those of you rereading this post next March. This is what I'll be listening to tomorrow as I feign holiday cheer. The tracklist is as follows:
- A Holiday Message from Pia Zadora, courtesy of AprilWinchell.com
- Baby, It's Cold Outside by Buck and Sandy Dharma, courtesy of BuckDharma.com
- And Your Boy Can Drum by The Recital, courtesy of Suburban Sprawl Music
- The Carol of the Old Ones from A Very Scary Solstice, courtesy of The H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society
- Santa Claus (live) by They Might Be Giants, courtesy of Alice Chou
- Winter Wonderland by eXtreme Elvis, courtesy of ExtremeElvis.com
- The First Blip Noel by dma-sc, courtesy of The 8bitpeoples
- The Twelve Days of Christmas performed by the cast of Twin Peaks, courtesy of Glastonberry Grove
- Hooray for Santy Claus! by Señor Tonto, courtesy of SenorTonto.com
- Olive the Other Reindeer by uh, Johnny Hart, courtesy of This Might Be A Wiki
- Nasty Diablo (zipped), courtesy of Blizzard
- Melancholy December by Colin Timothy Gagnon, courtesy of me
- The Worst Version of O Holy Night EVER, courtesy of EmergingMinister.com