?

Log in

No account? Create an account

August 17th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:52 pm - Work, Macaroni and Cheese, and Music
It's been a long day. Well, no, that's not true. Work was long, and I stayed late. The online silent auction which was causing me such a headache yesterday eventually fell apart, was dismantled, and then reborn as a manual pen and paper process. My department had a meeting today in which it was decided that my more menial tasks should be distributed among some of the clerical employees in the department so that I can train to cover for the AEG when she goes on maternity leave.

After work I went to Ellen's. I'd promised to make her macaroni and cheese, only to discover that she didn't really have proper ingredients. I made do with macaroni, shredded jack cheese, butter, milk and garlic. It came out pretty well, considering. Anyway, I just got back. Here's the other stuff going on that I haven't told anybody about:

I have been invited to join an a cappella group. Offbeat Acappella, in fact. Folks I know who've just lost their bass. They don't know it yet, but I'm joining. I just need to give myself a couple of days to pretend to properly consider the offer. I'm a little worried because I'm quite out of practice these days, as evidenced by:

Cover of Where Your Eyes Don't Go is recorded. Download it if you're on my friends list.

Sesame Street United Way Casual Day e-mails. Curious? Here they are:

The announcement:


And the reminder:


Other stuff: Scored 120 on that test I'm not posting. Would have been higher if Crystal hadn't been so cavalier about necrophelia. Also, my cell phone bill was $2.98 this month.

Oh, and april_tehe, I'm still planning on seeing the play with you. Does Friday work? I'll call you -- maybe tomorrow night -- to finalize plans.

So um, there you go. Current status? Sleepy.
Current Mood: sleepysleepy
Current Music: Information Society -- Running

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:evil_jim
Date:August 18th, 2004 06:19 am (UTC)
(Link)
Offbeat. Kewel. I haven't heard any new stuff from them in ages. Even longer since the last performance. I hope you have fun.

Oh. You asked for my macaroni and cheese recipe, didn't you?

This may come as a shock but I like your singing voice. Keep the song up.

I've actually been considering asking you to record karaoke versions of a song or two so I can add my own voice. What would you charge for this service? (if, indeed, you would provide that service in the first place.)
[User Picture]
From:sacredspud
Date:August 18th, 2004 01:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I would, in fact, like your macaroni and cheese recipe sometime.

Glad you liked the song -- somebody besides me should. As for the karaoke, what songs did you have in mind? I'd feel bad asking for money, but I'd like to know what the songs are first so that I can decide 1) if I'm going to provide the service, and 2) if I will require compensation for familiarizing myself with Backstreet Boys songs.
[User Picture]
From:evil_jim
Date:August 18th, 2004 04:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
The song is Wish You Were Here. I have a couple instrumental versions already (the string quartet version for one) but they're better as instrumentals. I haven't decided how I would want it to sound which is why I haven't really brought it up before.
Work, Macaroni and Cheese, and Music - Garmonbozia for the soul.

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Sacred Potato Productions


> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com