February 21st, 2008
|10:43 am - It's the Movie Meme!|
My friends list this morning is riddled with different copies of this meme. It was fun, and I hope that people actually do give it a shot, rather than just paging down past this entry.
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
5. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
6. Those who guess correctly have to do the Meme next!
John Wayne was a fag. -- Repo Man, guessed by jeklnskinsgrl Insanity runs in my family... It practically gallops. -- Arsenic and Old Lace, guessed by bluntobject
- I want my money back. And I want angels to give it to me. And pixies to count it out, and a gnome or a hobbit or an elf to sleep at the foot of my bed, and have - I just want them all over my backyard. But no matter what happens with any of that, I DO want my money back.
- Our crusade was such madness that only a real idealist could have thought it up.
- I have something to say about the difference between American and European cities. But I've forgotten what it is. I have it written down at home though.
My mother was a hardware man, and she taught me it was better to be a hammer than a nail. -- Ed and His Dead Mother, guessed by koriandrkitten Excuse me! Pardon me, beg your pardon, if you two kids would stop singing for just a moment I've got something I want to discuss with you. -- Little Shop of Horrors, guessed by poriginal I can remember everything. That's my curse, young man. It's the greatest curse that's ever been inflicted on the human race: memory. -- Citizen Kane, guessed by fuzzyinthehead It was sweet... I don't think she could've got his finger off in one bite, though. That part seemed a little farfetched. -- May, guessed by koriandrkitten You know I could have been in the NSA, but they found out my parents were married. -- Sneakers, guessed by evil_jim
- Cut it! Cut it! Cut it! Save the film, strike the broad and kill the babies.
Finally there would be a thingamajig that would bring everyone together, even if it kept them apart spatially. -- The Hudsucker Proxy, guessed by crabmoon This was Josef Stalin. He was a communist, I was not too crazy about him, had a bad mustache, lot of bad habits. This is Bela Lugosi. he was, he was the mayor of New York city for a while, you can see what it did to him there, you know. This is, uhm, this is, uh, Charles DeGaulle, he, he was a very famous French chef, had his own television show, showed you how to make souflets and omelettes and everything. -- Sleeper, guessed by nerdwerds Don't be a good neighbor anymore to her. I'll have to send you a love letter! Straight from my heart, fucker! You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fucking gun, fucker! You receive a love letter from me, and you're fucked forever! You understand, fuck? I'll send you straight to hell, fucker!... In dreams... I walk with you. In dreams... I talk to you. In dreams, you're mine... all the time. Forever. -- Blue Velvet, guessed by shana_etel Don't expect it to tango; it has a broken back. -- Re-Animator, guessed by evil_jim
Current Mood: hyper
Current Music: Sloshy -- We Don't Really Even Care About You
I know 7 I just can't think of the name. And 9 is from May.
14 is Blue Velvet but I'm stumped as to the rest.
8 is from Citizen Kane.
Did I tell you that Citizen Kane was playing at Westgate this week? And that I went to see it with Nick and Jimi? I did. *nods* It may or may not have ended yesterday. You should figure that out.
|Date:||February 21st, 2008 09:01 pm (UTC)|| |
I'm gonna see it this afternoon at 4:30.
13. Sleeper, classic Woody Allen
Are all of these quotes on IMDB? Or are they just from the movies in question?
I'm a little surprised nobody got that before you did -- I'd have thought it was pretty recognizable. Either way, you're absolutely right. I like Woody Allen in general, but I think Sleeper came at the height of his abilities as a writer.
And yes, the quotes are copied directly from the Memorable Quotes pages on IMDB.
|Date:||February 21st, 2008 07:57 pm (UTC)|| |
7. Little Shop of Horrors (the one with Rick Moranis, the quote is by John Belushi)
|Date:||February 21st, 2008 09:01 pm (UTC)|| |
The only quotes I recognize that haven't been identified yet are:
10 - Sneakers
11 - Ed Wood
15 - Herbert West: Reanimator
All correct except for #11
. We've talked about the movie it's from, though I'm not sure you've seen it.
6) Ed and His Dead Mother
Once I finally woke up and started thinking about it all day at work yesterday I started thinking of some more. But others answered the rest.
|Date:||February 22nd, 2008 03:25 pm (UTC)|| |
12, the hudsucker proxy spoken by Jennifer Jason Lee
2. Arsenic and Old Lace. I've been looking for a copy of this forever.
|Date:||February 22nd, 2008 04:44 pm (UTC)|| |
Fuck! I knew it was something I'd seen!! Damn