March 25th, 2005
|06:01 pm - I don't see what's so good about Friday.|
I didn't run out of work today, but there's only so much workflow in the banking industry on Good Friday.
I got talked into ordering lunch from a certain fancy burger restaurant which one of you (hey Blythe!) works at, part-time. Anyway, I asked for my meat to be cooked "really really well done," but when it arrived, the burger was so rare that it tried to strike up a conversation with me. I thought perhaps that it was ordered incorrectly, but the receipt showed the special order "no pink," and I'm not sure how that got misconstrued as "dangerous." They made me a new one which I picked up since they're close by and I was going out anyway. I got a consolatory gift certificate out of it.
My food had cooled before I felt like eating it, but at least it was good and dead.
I'm not sure of my plans for tonight. I'm trying to beat myself up into going to rob_matsushita's Welcome to the Terrordome which is being performed at Kanopy Dance Studio tonight and Saturday. I love Rob's work and this is the last weekend for this play, but I've just had a hard time getting myself to actually go to plays of late. This one's $15 and 8:00 in case anyone's interested, but I fully expect I'll be going alone if I go at all -- I'm not sure, given the state of things in general, that I really want to watch a play about the torture of a teenage girl. Sometimes I wish I had someone who would nudge me into going out and doing these things.
If I don't go to the play, I'll probably watch the family-friendly version of The Passion of the Christ. I hear it's basically the same as the other one, except that Judas shoots first.*
Regardless, here's one of my occasional Friday Link Dumps. Enjoy.
- Schoolhouse Rock ain't got nothin' on this completely unauthorized Flash video for The Bloodmobile.
- Check out Chalk Pie, an unreleased Frank Zappa album, presented here in its entirety.
- Star Wars gets pwned (or something in .WMV format).
- Don't Copy that Floppy! If appealing to the pirates' moral side doesn't deter them, the rap music certainly will. Also .WMV.
- Here's an archive dedicated to The Mundanes, John Linnell's pre-TMBG new-wave band.
- Guess who scored 100% on the Leisure Suit Larry quiz? I wish that were something to brag about.
* Apologies to the Christians and Star Wars fans in my audience, also to evil_jim who's read that joke three times now.
Current Mood: good
Current Music: Guns N' Roses -- Sympathy for the Devil
To help talk you into going to Terrordome:
1. It's actually not about the torture of a teenage girl. It's about a teenage girl torturing Molly. And who of us doesn't want to see that?
2. The official price is 15 bucks, but that's actually negotiable at the door. For friends, we consider this a "pay=what-you-can" show.
3. In this show, there's pretty much no question who shoots first.
Fine, you talked me into it. Geez, now I'm going to be all upset that I waited until closing night.